Monday, August 3, 2009

Introducing Leslie Chisholm {jewelry}

Talented Leslie Chisholm from Charlottesville, Virginia creates jewelry from actual pieces of nature. The silver leaf above as well as in her on-line shop are made from real leaves she picked. They are covered in precious metal clay and once fired, she is left with a solid leaf of 99% pure silver. No two are exactly alike. Above is a morning glory leaf - The natural heart shape is beautiful! It hangs from a silver twisted neck wire, making a simple, dramatic statement. Leslie says, "I am passionate about creating refined, organic, and elegant jewelry. I also love to recycle vintage findings to use as a finishing touch to my work. My jewelry is designed with a focus on symmetry, texture, and color. I take pride in making each piece myself and I spend the time to do it right. My attention to detail assures the wearer that what they have is hand crafted and high quality; no two pieces are the same." Below is a solid bronze blanket flower strung with champagne colored coin pearls. "I made the mold from a flower I picked at the beach and used bronze precious metal clay; the detail is amazing."
View more amazingly detailed jewelry by Leslie on her website.

No comments: