Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Brings Changes




I hope you all had a wonderful New Year! I still can't believe how quickly 2009 passed by and I am sure 2010 will go just as quickly. Because of this I look into my life a little deeper and ask myself... Am I doing what I love? Do I need to make changes to better myself as an artist/all around person? What do I want to see happen in 2010? 2009 was quite an adventure for me. I was getting used to a life away from the marketing world and taking care of my baby girl while doing some freelance designing. I couldn't choose between concentrating on graphic design or fine art. After talking with my husband Touched Creatively evolved and my very first magazine issue was printed. Pretty amazing, but a TON of work! Now after three issues and a new year I have really looked at what I have accomplished and what I need to do going forward and I have realized some changes need to be made. As much as I have loved working with the contributing artists for my issues and designing all the pages, I feel like I'm missing part of myself artistically. The very short break I have between issues is usually filled with a custom job which leaves me with no time for my own art... which I have truly missed. Although I am still searching for a style that fits me, I'm determined to give myself time to work my canvas over and over until hopefully in the end I'm happy. Since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being an artist. Of course the world around me was not very supportive and still often isn't today, but the only one to lose is me if I don't try. Have you ever felt this way? I've seen people wishing they were doing something differently but never actually tried. I think that life is much to short to not use the talents we are gifted with or to even discover new ones. So in 2010 I look forward to new possibilities, to encourage other artists and crafters on their journeys (this blog isn't going anywhere!) and enjoy my little family before another year flashes by.

I have decided to take a break from the printed issues of Touched Creatively. They may return someday, who knows, anything is possible. The first three printed issues will remain for sale HERE. (25% SALE has been extended through January 10th.) This blog will stay and continue to showcase artists. Everyone is welcome to send me pictures of their art and crafts so I can help promote your online shop. Even if I have already featured you, if you have a new creation email me at touchedcreatively@gmail.com and I would be glad to share it. We could all use more encouragement and support! Thank you to all you lovely readers and followers! I wish you the best in 2010.

No comments: